The Sydney South Planning Panel approved the Development Application for stages 2 and 3 of the implementation of the Master Plan for Penshurst Park on 13 March 2018. These works will result in the extension of the Hurstville Aquatic Centre, additional car parking and upgrades to the sporting facilities at Penshurst Park.
Works continue on stage 2 of the Penshurst Sporting Hub and will be open mid-2021.
Stage 2 is focusing on these current upgrades and new works to Penshurst Park:
- new scoreboard
- new all-abilities playground
- synthetic sports field
- outdoor exercise station
- accessible public toilets
- 275 seat grandstand
- gender-neutral and accessible change rooms and player facilities
- sports medical rooms, physio and referee rooms
- storage facilities
- youth centre with multi-purpose sports courts
- car park upgrade
For more information, you can visit the George River Council’s website here.