The Sydney South Planning Panel approved the Development Application for Penshurst Park. These works will result in the extension of the Hurstville Aquatic Centre, additional car parking and upgrades to the sporting facilities at Penshurst Park.
Stage 2 will focus on upgrades and new works to Penshurst Park including:
- New scoreboard
- New all abilities playground
- Synthetic sports field with a hydraulic cricket wicket
- Outdoor exercise station
- Accessible public toilets
- 275 seat grandstand
- Gender-neutral and accessible change rooms and player facilities
- Sports medical rooms, physio and referee rooms
- Storage facilities
- Youth centre with multi-purpose sports courts
- Car park upgrade
Stage 3 will focus on the extension of the existing Hurstville Leisure Centre Facility including:
- Internal grandstand
- 2 multi-courts
- Change facilities
- Gymnastics space
- Cafe area
- Outdoor deck
These works are consistent with the Masterplan and Plan of Management for the site, approved by the former Hurstville City Council in 2015, which was designed to provide the community with a regional centre for sporting excellence.
To read more about these amazing updates click here.